Sunday, November 3, 2013

Orphan Sunday

Peter and I were privileged to hear Gary Schneider, founder and president of Every Orphan's Hope, speak on Orphan Sunday in 2009. From that moment, our journey with God to serve orphans and widows in Zambia began.

God has been amazing on this journey as we have had many ups and downs but our faith has grown in a way never imagined.

As today is Orphan Sunday 2013, I can't help but be thankful for the calling God has placed upon us. Even in the difficulties, we serve a great God who loved us first and calls us to love others. As we have learned over time, many orphans in the world are viewed as the least of these. I don't know about you, but every time I hug one of my girls, I can't help but also think of a child who doesn't receive that type of love because there isn't anyone there to share it.

To be called to be the hands and feet of Christ by showing love to the orphans in this world is priceless. To have the opportunity to give love but also receive their love in return, it's inexpressible. I pray each of you can connect with this movement as the number of orphans grows daily.

Today my words are overshadowed by those who can express this love of Jesus better than I, so I am sharing these videos with you.

Enjoy

http://vimeo.com/48047907
http://vimeo.com/72235614

No comments:

Post a Comment